I had problems using my old Philips TouCam Pro with Win7 since Philips does not offer any drivers for it. I read somewhere that you could hack some drivers but that sounded so complicated.
Here is a driver that works with the TouCam in Win7 (at least 32-bit) right out of the box. Just do like this:
Win7 32-bit procedure, see further down for the Win7 64-bit instructions
1. Download the driver package (click the drive icon under Téléchargement, which is french for download)
2. Unzip the files to a folder of your choice
3. Plug in your toucam, cancel the automatic driver installation window that pops up.
4. Open the Windows 7 Control panel, in the search field there, type ” device ” to find the device manager, open it.
5. Find your unrecognized device in the list, right-click on it and choose “update driver software”, “browse my computer for software” and browse to your folder where you unzipped the files. Click next, ignore the warning and the driver installs.
Win7 x64 procedure: (Credits go to kapyxx! thanx man/woman!😉 )
1 – Download the Windows 7 drivers for your Philips Webcam SPC900NC VGA CCD with Pixel Plus and install them.
2 – In C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Philips \ Philips SPC900NC PC Camera edit files with Notepad:
To view the line number, select the notepad menu – View – Status Bar, Word Wrap to be disabled if necessary.
Line 66 should be replaced with:
% USBVid.DeviceDesc% = USBVidx86, USB \ VID_0471 & PID_0311 & MI_00 [/ code]
Line 69 should be replaced with:
% USBVid.DeviceDesc% = USBVidXp64, USB \ VID_0471 & PID_0311 & MI_00 [/ code]
Line 72 should be replaced with:
% USBVid.DeviceDesc% = USBVidVista64, USB \ VID_0471 & PID _0311 & MI_00 [/ code]
Edit the file with Notepad SPC900.txt
replace line # 2 with:
USB \ VID_0471 & PID_0311 & MI_00 [/ code]
Save and close. (If You Can not save copy the files to another location, edit them and then copy Them back and select “Copy and Replace”
In device manager there should be an unknown device with exclamation mark.
Update driver and select the path: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Philips \ Philips SPC900NC PC Camera driver will be installed ..